You know what they say, when the grams go away, speed comes out to play. Benefiting from the lightest EVO frame we've ever created and the most aggressive iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry to date, the S-Works Epic EVO made a few calls and assembled a dream team supporting cast to offer a capability-to-weight ratio that skips impressive and jumps straight to flat-out mindblowing.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we've worked overtime to make sure it's been implemented in a way that'll have you saying "Whoa!" as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack. Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic's standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO's new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency.
With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It's also more versatile than ever, thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO's handling characteristics.
For the S-Works Epic EVO we also made sure that every last component to have the honor of gracing its FACT 12m carbon frame was just as dedicated to finding the ultimate balance of lightness, efficiency, and hard-charging capability. For proof, just take a look at the seemingly logic-defying, stiffer-lighter-stronger masterpiece that is the new Roval Control SL wheelset, and SRAM's XC-light yet trail-tough electronic XX1 Eagle AXS group, and wireless electronically-actuated Reverb AXS dropper post.
- Created specifically to match both the weight savings and increased capability of the S-Works Epic and S-Works Epic EVO, the Roval Control SL rim introduces a completely new offset rim profile that features a 29-millimeter-wide internal width and not only increases strength and reduces weight, but also improves pinch-flat resistance by 22-percent.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO's FACT 12m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to steepen the EVO's headtube angle by half a degree while raising the bottom bracket height by six millimeters.
- Pairing the stiff yet lightweight SID Ultimate chassis with RockShox's lightest-ever Charger Race Day damper makes for quite the package, impressively cutting weight while still managing to pack in truly impressive levels of performance, precision, and control.
- The pinnacle of drivetrain performance, SRAM's XX1 Eagle AXS combines next-gen wireless technology, incredibly accurate shift performance, and game-changing versatility to drastically redefine the riding experience.
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are the highlights of today’s electronic shifting systems:
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servomotors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with precisely and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you’ll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
|Frame||S-Works FACT 12m Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel|
|Fork||Rockshox SID ULTIMATE, Charger Race Day Damper, Debon Air, 44mm offset, 120mm Travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox SID LUXE ULTIMATE, Rx XC Tune, Two Position, Rebound Adjust, 190x40mm|
Front: 110 x 15mm thru-axle
Rear: 148 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Roval Control SL, Carbon offset design, 29mm internal width, 4mm hook width, Tubeless ready, 24h|
Front: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Internals, Ceramic Bearings, 6-bolt, Torque caps, 24h straight pull t-head
Rear: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss 180 Internals, DT Swiss Ratchet EXP, Ceramic bearings, 24h
|Spokes||DT Swiss Aerolite T-head|
Front: Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
Rear: Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
|Crankset||SRAM XX1 Eagle, Boost 148, DUB, 170/175mm|
|Chainrings||SRAM Eagle Alloy, 32T, Direct Mount|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded|
|Chain||SRAM XX1 Eagle|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM XG-1299 Eagle, 10-50T|
|Shifters||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS, trigger, 12-speed|
|Handlebars||S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise|
|Brakes||SRAM G2 Ultimate, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm|
|Seat Post||RockShox Reverb AXS, 30.9, 1X remote, (SM:100mm, M: 125mm, L – XL: 150mm travel)|
|Accessories & Extras||SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Oak Green Metallic/Diamond Dust / Medium||888818618293||94820-0003||EPI26574777M|